Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Classic Nokia 3110


My Nokia 3110 Classic cellular phone model has been with me for almost a year now. It’s a candy bar shape cellular phone which has a RM-237 software type version V5.50. The battery of my cell phone is a Nokia BL5-C same as the battery of a Nokia 6230 and a Nokia 1110 cell phone. Its talk time, my estimation, is about 4 hours and standby time of up to 15 days.

The dimension of my cell phone is 108.5x45.7x15.6 and it weight 87 grams as stated in the user manual. It is slim, slick, handy, and easy to use compare to other recent Nokia cell phones that’s why I bought it.

My Nokia 3110C has a 1.3 megapixel camera with an 8x digital zoom for capturing photos. Its video is unlimited, depending on the remaining memory of the phone or the memory card. The stillness of the camera is not that effective compare to other cell phone models resulting to blurred photos.

My cellular phone also has an integrated music player which I used to play my favorite songs and a stereo FM radio for enjoying music. My cell phone also stores up to 2000 contacts for a larger capacity in my phonebook and it has an expandable micro SD memory card slot; as a matter of fact my memory card is 2 gigabytes for more storage space to upload my images, songs, wallpapers, videos and install useful applications and fun games because the phone memory only has a built-in 7.8 megabytes free storage space.

My Nokia 3110C cellular phone can only support .nth theme formats but it mostly support all audio and video formats such as mp3, wma, mid, midi, avi and wav. It can also support almost all wallpapers format such as jpg, jpeg and gif.

My phone’s connectivity includes Bluetooth, infrared, packet data, USB data cable, and data transfer. My cellular phone have also some unique features such as a flight query which gives my phone a better flight profile, and a voice clarity feature which enhances speech intelligibility during calls especially in noisy environments. It also has a power saver and sleep mode to save battery power. The applications currently installed in my cellular phone include a dictionary, a Twilight e-book and 65 games. Overall I rate my Nokia 3110C cell phone 7.5 out of 10 based on my experiences of using it.