Wednesday, December 9, 2009

“Easter Everywhere” A memoir by Darcey Steinke


“Easter Everywhere” is one of the most inspiring books that I have read so far. It’s a life’s story of famous New York Times author Darcey Steinke. This book tells about Steinke life experiences from her unforgettable childhood up to a fulfilling adolescence. In one breathtaking scene after another, Steinke tracks her complex and changing ideas about religion and her faith in God. Darcey seeing his father’s struggle with his parish and his own faith and her mother’s nervous breakdown. She knows that her problem with her stuttering makes her more vulnerable with the people around her. The story is absolutely magnificent from the very start until the last part of the book.

For my point of view “Easter Everywhere” is one of the best literary books that have been written. It is definitely a beautifully crafted, riveting personal story with a huge emotional impact to whom who may read it. Steinke really puts her very soul to this special spiritual memoir which I had learned a lot of values and lessons that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I adore this book because as I read it I felt the realization of the world around me that is very challenging out there and knowing that my faith in God would always be there in all times.

Darcey Steinke pleasantly leads me through her lifetime of spiritual seeking, from a childhood spent in the basement of her father’s church, through a young adulthood of rebellion, into a mature and profound personal reckoning with the divine. She writes emotionally, fairly, and wisely about a theme of her life which is not always easy to address. “Easter Everywhere” is a must read memoir for all especially for those who lacks faith.